|Main page and main logo of the IBDB website.|
|Alexa rank:||166,475 as of February 2, 2013 |
|Website type:||Theatrical database|
|Owned by:||The Broadway League|
The Internet Broadway Database (IBDB) is an online database of Broadway theatre productions and their personnel. It is operated by the Research Department of The Broadway League, a trade association for the North American commercial theatre community. The website also has a corresponding app for both the IOS and Android.
This comprehensive history of the Broadway theatre provides records of productions from the beginnings of New York theatre in the 18th century up to today. Details include pertinent people involved as well as interesting facts and production statistics. IBDB also has an extensive archive of photos from past and present Broadway theatre productions. Also featured on production pages are song lists with links to cast recordings on iTunes, lists of awards and nominations, gross and attendance information, reviews for closed productions, links to Amazon.com to purchase merchandise, current and replacement cast lists, and opening night production credits. The homepage includes “Born On This Day” and “Opening Nights in History” search options as well as the shows, people, theatres, characters, awards, songs, and box office grosses advanced search options. In the future IBDB will include Touring Broadway data as well as the current Broadway information.
- Internet Theatre Database - ITDb
- Internet Movie Database - IMDb
- Internet Book Database - IBookDb
- Lortel Archives - IOBDb
- The Broadway League
- ↑ Ibdb.com Site Info. Alexa Internet. Retrieved on 2013-02-03.
- ↑ Official Website IBDB.com. Retrieved on 2012-26-07.
- ↑ The Broadway League develops IBDB application. Retrieved on 2012-26-07.
- ↑ Broadway League Releases IBDB App for iOS Devices. Retrieved on 2012-26-07.
- ↑ Broadway League’s New IBDB App for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch Links Theatergoers with Centuries of Theater. Retrieved on 2012-26-07.
- ↑ Columbia University Library Eresources Database: IBDB. Retrieved on 2012-26-07.